Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Summer = Homework

Summer doesn't mean holiday.
Summer means homework.
Sigh.
Unlike last year's summer,
with only Spanish and English reading,
I have tons homework this time.
I swear, my homework isn't weighed by kilograms this time,
it's weighed by tons.

If you don't believe me,
look.

1. Music
(not mandatory, suggested by my ninth grade music teacher)
Read music history,
so I talked to my private music theory teacher,
he photocopied four books,
Baroque, Classical, Romantic, and Twentieth-century.

2. English (mandatory)
Read The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
plus an every chapter double-entry journal.

3. Spanish (optional)
Actually I don't have any Spanish homework,
but I'm gonna study the class with Spanish 3 students next year
(I'm only in Spanish 2, which means I'm one year less experienced).
As a result, I think I should review some Spanish this summer,
so that I won't fall back.

4. Economics (mandatory)
Read The Change Makers by Maury Klein
and Financial Literacy for Teens by Chad Foster.

5. Math (mandatory)
A 26-page of instructions Math project,
and it has to be done individually.
I haven't read through it yet,
and I'm scared T.T

6. Theory of Knowledge (mandatory)
Watch ten TED talk shows,
and write about five of them.
I was also given a list of movies to watch,
watching them is optional,
but it's always best to do what's suggested, right?

7. CAS (mandatory)
For those who don't know,
CAS stands for creativity, action, and service.
This summer,
I'm supposed to think what activities I want to do in the next two years,
because we have to start the paperwork in August
and submit our plans by October.

8. SAT (optional)
Pre-SAT is held in mid-October,
and this time I should study for it beforehand,
instead of just going into the exam room and do what I can.
I know many of my friends are actually going to academies to study SAT this summer,
oh dear....

That sounds a lot to me,
does it to you?
Well, I was the one who wanted to choose IB,
it was my choice.
So, I'm gonna finish what I started.
Aza aza fighting!!!
^^

2 comments:

  1. study, study, and STUDY! O.O cheer up! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. gambate!! i will be working and hoping to exchange with u.. hahah..

    ReplyDelete