Sunday, June 13, 2010

My Beloved Pre-calculus Group

I was not a big fan of study groups before,
because I don't really believe that people can study in groups.
First of all,
it's so easy to get distracted that all you want to do is just
talk, talk, and talk.
That's why I don't believe in study groups.
However, months ago,
I was invited to study for a test with the ten graders who take Pre-calculus.
I said yes immediately,
because I knew that I needed help on math,
and my friends can help me.

Introducing the members:
1. Chris Choi
The guy on the far right, standing beside me.
He's tall, at least 180 cm,
just that to make this photo look good,
he lowered himself to my height - 157cm.
Thanks, Chris, haha. ^^
Like me, he needs help in math,
and most of the time, he is the one who's organizing these study group sessions
(he orders me, and I call the people).
He brings a lot of joy and laughter to us,
with his lame jokes and perverted topics.
Although sometimes he makes me speechless and want to hit him(and I do),
he truly is a fun person.

2. Joseph Chiang
Joseph doesn't need help in math,
it's ridiculous if you say that he does.
When he comes to our study group sessions,
all he needs to bring is his brain,
because that's what we need from him.
He comes, sits there, buys a drink,
waits for us to ask questions, answers questions,
sits back and relaxes.
Sometimes he makes us laugh too,
with failed lame jokes(Ting Cooper) and sudden sounds(Ngah!).

3. Tuna (Tuan Anh)
The guy beside me.
Like Joseph, he's also a math genius,
only needs to bring his brain and voice to study group sessions.
I depend a lot on his during our study group sessions.
Although he doesn't talk much,
he's actually the master of lame jokes,
and Chris learned the skill of lame jokes from Tuna.
Whenever he says a lame joke,
I always feel like, "Oh my god..how did he think of that.."

4. Dabein Lee
Dabein's the one with specs ^^
Other than just pre-cal classmate,
he's also my I-have-all-classes-with-you buddy.
He likes to tease me a lot,
since I'm not sure when,
and the most common one is:
Db, "Wei Syn."
Ws, "What?"
Db, "What? Why are you talking to me?"
Kinda lame..but that's what happens to me everyday in school.



So those are the people in my beloved Pre-calculus group.
We have other people who join us occasionally,
such as Phuong Anh(twice) and Ray(once),
but the four people above are the ones who are present for almost all study sessions.
I must say that I love the time spent with them,
some were productive, some were useless, some were perverted,
some were funny, and some were just Oh My God.
Haha.
But all of them are Memorable.
I have to thank all of them,
Chris, Joseph, Tuna, and Dabein,
for helping me improve on my math
(For your information, my math exam went from B- to A,
and that's around 4 letter grades!).
I had a great time studying with them,
other than just the academic benefits,
I became closer to them as a friend,
enough to feel sad when I know that we won't have any study sessions next year.
With Tuna and Chris leaving, T.T
Dabein studying SL Math (I think),
and Joseph in HL Math,
it won't be the same anymore!!!
Sigh.
I will truly miss all four of you :(
I hope that the friendship will remain,
and have a great summer, mis amigos!

No comments:

Post a Comment