Tuesday, June 22, 2010

I know that you know that I know you know

And so yesterday I was chatting with my friend (let's just call him X).
We haven't chatted since he left for his home country,
which was last Monday.


So, the usual 问候语 asking him about what he did last week,
and he asked me what I did.


Syn says: hang out with friends three different times and finished my english summer reading
X says: finished your summer reading?????!!!!!
Syn says: Just english
X says: that's still very fast.....and also the double entry journal?


X is actually the first person from school who I've told that I've completed my English summer reading,
because most of the people wouldn't start their homework this early.
If I told them,
they might say that I'm crazy.
But, seriously,
if I don't do homework,
I might be in front of my laptop all day long.


Syn says: because we have a lot of hw, that's why i'm starting early, if not i'm just rotting away at home. yeah, plus the journal
X says: .................then, weisyn
(I realized that he's stopped writing, so I said)
Syn says: hmm, i'm sensing something, what?
X says: u know it. i know you know. hehe.
Syn says: hahahahahahahahaha. you know what? i can't stop laughing right now
X says: why? i know u know. and u know that i know.
Syn says: i know that you know i know. haha, yeah.
X says: i know that u know that i know u know
(are we playing 绕口令here???)


I was laughing really hard at that moment, I swear.
I just couldn't stop laughing when I read
"X says: u know it. i know you know. hehe."
I'm a little proud that X and my 默契 was good enough in this topic,
that he didn't even need to say out loud what he wants from me,
and we both know what he was talking about.
And another thing that I need to mention is that,
in X's yearbook,
I wrote five or six sentences,
including one in the beginning about how we started to talk more because he borrowed homework from me.
In the end, I wrote a postscript to tease him:
Are you gonna borrow homework from me next year?
The thing is, the next school year hasn't even arrived,
it's just the second week of summer,
and he's borrowed the first homework for Grade 11.
Hahahahaha~
Oh, I must say,
X does NOT copy my homework,
he just uses them as a reference.


And did you realize something?
X said to me, "i know that u know that i know u know."
When it's translated into Chinese, it becomes:
我知道你知道我知道你知道。
Hahahahahahahaha!

No comments:

Post a Comment