Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Breakfast

A place where I go almost every week for breakfast. ^^
I believe that the workers are from Hanoi,
because the way they pronounce some words is different from the Vietnamese in Saigon.

This is how the place looks like.
There's no shop/booth,
instead we sit in the open air,
by the street.

My sister and I ordered Banh Cuon,
sometimes we call it Vietnamese Chee Cheong Fun.
It's served with Nuoc Mam (fish sauce).

Banh Cuon is filled with ground pork and minced wood ear mushroom,
and the one beside it is Cha Lua (Vietnamese ham).
Banh Cuon is a pretty light dish,
neither salty nor oily.

My mum and my brother ordered Bun Cha.
Vermicelli + grilled marinated pork chops + vegetables.

The grilled marinated pork chops are served in Nuoc Cham,
which is mixed fish sauce.

See the drink in the red circle?
It's called Ca Phe Sua Da,
which is translated into Ice Milk Coffee.
It's a drink that my mum, dad, and sister always order.

Conclusion:
Try these foods whenever you come to Vietnam!

1 comment:

  1. 避寒~◎直◎_AMYJune 30, 2010 at 9:50 AM

    i have a feeling that if you eat 越南 food often you'll get to like it (how else do "當地人"存活 XD)...ppl who don't would still be slightly 戰戰兢兢 at the sight, i guess (像我就會) =p

    anyways
    T∪T ah~the food in Taiwan is so nostalgic~
    do you have a particular snack you want in mind?
    (just a heads up I'm going to 宜蘭 and then moving to (live in) 台中 this summer but 台北 i'll still be staying at until 7.10, so the 多樣的美食選擇 are kinda a considerable amount)
    XD

    ReplyDelete