Wednesday, June 9, 2010

MOF - Ministry of Food

As mentioned in previous post,
I have no school, so I decided to sleep in.
However,
my body doesn't agree with me,
I'm used to sleep about 7 hours a day,
but I really wanted to stay in bed,
so I forced myself to close my eyes and continue to sleep.
As a result,
I woke up at 9:45am with mild headache.
Sigh.
Enough is enough, I shouldn't have forced myself to do something that I can't.

10:30am, I hopped on to Auntie Irene's car with mum
 and went to 久仰大名的 Vincom Towers.
As I stepped into the shopping malls,
I had a sudden feeling that I wasn't in Ho Chi Minh City.
The shops and the ambience,
so similar to Malaysia!
哇~哇~哇~
I really wanted to go around and see what shops they have,
the clothes, the shoes, and the food!
Haha.
Actually, those are just dreams.
In a country where the people all wear M, S, and XS sized clothes,
I don't think I will be able to find something suitable.
And the price?
*cough cough*
I think shopping in Malaysia is more reasonable.

Walking around the food floor,
our first target was a restaurant called Seoul Garden (or something like that).
It's a buffet style Korean restaurant,
but we didn't really like the food offered,
so we left the place.
Walk, look, walk,
then,
oooooo~
what is that place?

Japanese food?
Looking at the menu,
hmm..seems ok...
"Okay, let's go in!"
And so, we went into the pretty cafe.
Surprisingly,
the menu was very satisfying,
we each ordered a deluxe lunch set,
main course+soup+drink for 79,000vnd.
Everyone's food was pretty good and the portion was enough to fill us.
I ordered a Yaki Soba set,
and sadly, it didn't taste delicious T.T
It didn't taste bad, but it was cooked like an ordinary Vietnamese fried noodle.
Nothing special,
and my mum's food was better.
I should have ordered something like this:
The restaurant also offers Japanese Italian fusion pasta,
like the ones in Pasta de Gohan or Pasta Zanmai.
Yummy, right?
Oh well, I will order something better next time.

After that,
we had an add-on of dessert - 25,000vnd.
As MOF specializes in dessert,
there were a variety of desserts to choose from.
See?
And of course, if you know me,
I chose the black sesame gelato!
Yum yum, luckily it didn't disappoint me. ^^
I tried Auntie Irene's chocolate brownie too,
and it was a Wow dessert.
Haha, warm and soft, delicious~

Well, 
I just wanna say that I'm glad that a nice place like MOF is in HCMC, 
and I haven't had enough of Vincom Towers.
I will go back soon! ^^

1 comment: