Saturday, December 26, 2009

Descriptive Writing - Nasi Lemak

Right now, would be the moment of heaven if I have a packet of Nasi Lemak in front of me. Heart pounding against my chest, intestines twisting, electricity going through body, palms getting sweaty, waiting for the moment to open the wretched packet.

Even with the packet sealed, as I put my hands on the packet, I could feel the warmth of the coconut rice, my saliva started flowing like a vampire's venom flooding its mouth after smelling the scent of warm, wet blood.

Yum...bless the Malays for inventing such food that does not deserve to exist on the earth. Lifting my trembling right hand, I pulled the seal away, revealing the mysterious, fragrant meal that attracted the hungry monkey. Taking a deep breath, trying to sniff the vapor released from the packet.

Hmm...the scent of coconut, spice, cucumber, nuts, anchovies probing against my fatty tummy. I couldn't stand it anymore. As quick as lightning, I used the silverware to scoop a spoonful of coconut rice and shoved the rice eagerly into the awaiting mouth.

No, don't munch yet! Let the fragrance of coconut diffuse into the space, waiting for the scent to achieve the state of equilibrium.

p/s: This was written ages ago, probably during October. Are you hungry?

No comments:

Post a Comment