Friday, September 24, 2010

Rock Climbing

As IB diploma students,
we went for a CAS retreat to District 3 for rock climbing.
Students were writing on their CAS workbook before leaving the school.

"Cheese!"

The wall that we were going to climb.
When I first saw it,
my reaction was, "How in the world am I going to climb that wall?"

Put on harnesses to get ready for rock climbing!
Left: Phil

Jinny was the first one to arrive at the top - she's Good!
Go, Jinny, go!
As you can see, although she was climbing at the easy part of the wall,
the wall ain't that flat either.

After moments of looking at my fellow students climb,
I finally convinced myself that it was my turn to climb.

This is me deciding on where to step,
which hand I should raise in order to move myself up.

Approximately four to five people climb the wall at the same time.
If you look closely, Phil is actually not climbing,
but hanging on to his rope.
Reason: He's afraid of heights and he didn't realize how high he was.
When he realized, he started screaming and stopped climbing.
Poor Phil :(

My initial goal was just to climb halfway up the wall,
but I was focusing so much on climbing the wall that I didn't realize how close I was to the top.

Hurray!
I made it up to the top!
Victory~ ^^

A picture with Jenny and Liem after I came down.
I was exhausted.

We did it!
Mission accomplished!
Well done, IB diploma students.

I like rock climbing so much that I'm planning to go rock climbing at least once a month with my friends.
This October when I go back to Malaysia,
I'm planning to conquer the ones at One Utama and Summit,
who's with me? ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment