Friday, June 12, 2009

WWW

Week Without Walls
Guess what that means



imagine a week without walls
so..
you go out from the country you are currently living in
get it?

I get to go somewhere in September
with other students from my grade
and I get to choose where I want to go

I have 5 choices
1. Yangshou, China
Hiking, camping, biking, rock climbing, Taichi and team building activites
Local village cultural tour
My comment: sounds like fun, and the most important thing is, I have never been to China!

2. Maekok River Village, Northern Thailand
Combination of geography field studies, team and leadership building through rope courses, outdoor activities
"Jungle Survival" camping
My comment: I kind of eliminated this place, cause Thailand is not safe

3. Bali, Indonesia
Art-based program focusing through traditional villages-rice fields etc
Sustainability and survival activities at the Green School Bali
Social service component working at local Balinese primary school
My comment: 100% not choosing this place. Art? So not me

4. Sabah, Malaysia
Visit to Sepilok Orangutan Rehabitation Center
Environment field studies at a rainforest lodge-trekking and boat rides into the rainforest and wetland habitats
Service work at a wildlife regeneration program working with reforestation and conservation
My comment: I like natural stuff. Ok, I know I'm Malaysian, but I don't think I will ever plan to go to Sabah with my family or friends. This is an opportunity!

5. Hong Kong
Field studies at the Hoi Ha protected Marine Park for kayaking, snorkeling and mangrove and intertidal studies
Life-simulations combined with service activities at the Crossroads facility
My comment: Seriously, we can do these stuff in Malaysia. Why do I have to go all the way to HK to do these?!



Could you guys tell me what would you choose if you have the chance?

No comments:

Post a Comment