Sunday, April 12, 2009

Quote

“Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don’t mind, it doesn’t matter.” This quote was said by Mark Twain, an American author and humorist. I think the quote mainly means that the problem about age is actually your problem of minding it. If you don’t care, you wouldn’t have a problem about age.


I, as a teenager, have never minded about my age. I am young and my friends in my school were mostly the same age as me; I never needed to mind about my age. Until after one month I started school in SSIS, age has become something that I mind.


I accidentally found out that the students in my grade were born in year 1993 or 1994. I was shocked, very shocked, because I was born in year 1992. I was very confused and upset. It didn’t seem fair to me. I felt like I had repeated a grade twice. Since then, age has been a touchy subject to me. Mr. Goetz told me that if I didn’t mind about the age, it wouldn’t matter. It was true, but also hard to do.


Now, I treat the whole age issue as a motivation to study hard and get good grades. I admit that I am quite an ambitious person, as I am one or two years older than the others in my grade, I should not have low grades. I am not saying that I want to have higher grades to beat other students, but as I’m older, I should learn and understand more.


I think the importance of this quote is about letting me go from my problem of minding my age. If I mind about the whole age issue, I am locking myself in my unhappy world. I believe that if I unlock myself, I would be happier.


p/s: This is actually a piece of my homework for public speaking class

No comments:

Post a Comment